Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I am so looking forward to this again!

My body is s l o w l y recovering from surgery. The bruising on my wrist from my IV is barely visible now (even though the bruising stretched a good 4 inches down my arm), and my incisions are looking great - well 2 of the 4 anyways. At my 2-week post op appointment last Friday, Dec 3rd, Dr. Jeffrey Thorpe was super surprised (pleased) to see me doing so well. I still have a hard time sitting upright (and sitting up w/o doing the side-roll), and I feel/look like I'm 80 years old when I bend down, but I am still so grateful to be doing this w/o pain. I told Dr. Thorpe I thought I had a hernia above my belly-button (below the incision); the area is hard(er) and protrudes when I cough, sit up, sneeze, etc. Dr. Thorpe confirmed that although the areas is hard and the edges are defined, it is not a hernia. Rather it's a subdermal hematoma, and I should use a heating pad to help dissipate the pooled blood. And then he asked what it was that I had been doing. Well, being a mom, (and working from home some). Dr. Thorpe smiled and just asked me to take it easy(er). Okey-dokey.

This really looked nasty, but it's almost gone now


I am so looking forward to my next appointment in 4 weeks when I will be cleared for all regular, normal activities. I can't wait to be doing this again!

Pulling these little turkeys around the house
(5 days before surgery)

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007