Thursday, December 2, 2010

Married again, 42 years later...

My parents got married {again} on Monday, November 15, 2010. All their 6 kids (sans my older brother, Jason, who wasn't able to make in in from NYC) were there to celebrate!! Monday was an exciting day; I mean, come on, not very many people get see their parents get married.

My Dad was in "stealth-mode" and had trickery up his sleeve planning the wedding and honeymoon. My mom was so twitter-paited that she didn't even wonder what was up. Dad told Mom they were getting married in SLC, but before they could go, he needed to take care of some business in downtown Provo. Mom accompanied Dad to the courthouse for the "business" and low and behold, here are all her kids and their spouses (plus CarCar's twins)! Surprise! We're here for your wedding - surprise!

Pam, JoJo, Mom, me, CarCar, Dad
(the Rosser's hadn't arrived yet, and the spouses got cut from the pic - sorry boys!)



JoJo planned my mom's bridal shower the Thursday before the wedding (Nov 11th), and that was super fun (and hilarious watching my mom act like she was 20 years old again). And JoJo planned an after-"I DO"-party w/a cake and some bubbly. CarCar put together a travel basket of goodies for Mom & Dad, and she burned a travel mix CD including all the songs they used to listen to (Kenny Rogers, Ronny Milsap, Air Supply...). Seeing my parents happy and together again made me cry

Their first dance (again)

JoJo also planned a "Welcome Back" party for Mom & Dad after they returned from their honeymoon. We rendezvoused to Magleby's for supper, where we presented them w/a photo book complete with our memories from growing up, and then we all kicked it @ Mom's (mom & dad's house now) for dessert - compliments of Pam. Yummy!

"Real love stories have no ending..."
That's my beautiful sister, Carly. This was the first time Carly got a babysitter for her twins. What a milestone Car!

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007