Saturday, February 27, 2010

Today we played

Outside!!! Oh, it was such nice weather today - made me ask myself out loud, "Is it really February 27th?" To which my two daughters responded emphatically, "Yeah, it is!"

I felt like I haven't seen or played with my littles since I started working over a month ago. Today was our day (Lovey was at a shooting competition all day). I was amazed at how easily we three girls fell into our "old" routine - knowing that I didn't have to skip out to work today made our morning so easy going & relaxed, instead of the rush & hurry that we've experienced since I started back to work. We rose early, like usual, except today Becca made me & Mary-Gail breakfast - Eggo Waffles. We did our chores, showered & dressed, and then cut outside for errands. Oh how I miss running errands with my little girls!

We got home, Becca raced to the door to let the doggies out, and almost immediately Pixie copped-a-squat on the grass and began basking in the sun. With that I announced, "We're having lunch outside today! Hooray!" My cutie cutes shouted their agreement with "Hoorays" of their own. Lunch never tasted so good.

A neighborhood boy came cruising down the street on his Razor, and he gave Becca & Mary-Gail rides along the sidewalk. Becca & Mary-Gail love LOVE the neighborhood kids! And I am grateful that this 7-year old boy wanted to hang out with us & offer rides to my girls on his scooter. His friend (from the cul-de-sac a few streets over) came over on his bike, and we venture into our backyard to play. All four of them - my 2 girls, and these 2 boys - jumped on the swing set rocked it off the ground! We tried our hand at kickball, but it quickly turned into a contest of whits between me and the two boys - a mad game of dodge ball.

Becca & Mary-Gail fetched the balls for me (luckily they weren't struck by the wayward throws of these 7-year olds). Not surprisingly I beat the boys! They gave up ;before I made them cry "Uncle," I couldn't help but rub-it-in that I spanked them (I know, very childish of me, but I hardly win at anything, so I couldn't help myself!). The boys left vowing for a re-match. I have a feeling they're going to round up the rest of the neighborhood posse to help them defeat me. Highly unlikely!

I miss being home with my babies. Today was a wonderful day - such a teaser too, as Monday will come all to quickly...

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007