Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pappy's "Happy Heart" party

JoJo organized a Happy Heart party for Pappy on Wednesday, February 10th. JoJo made Cream of Broccoli soup (delicious!) and everyone brought a side item. We gathered at Mom’s house – all of ours’ second home – and enjoyed supper with each other.

After supper all 13 kidlets cruised downstairs to Mom’s basement play area, while the adults stayed upstairs and talked about the following week. Pappy was scheduled for Open Heart Surgery on Tuesday, February 16th. We were working out the logistics of being with Pappy while he recovered in the ICU. And amazingly, every day was covered. That is amazing!


Becca & Miguel made Pappy a "Happy Heart Valentine" card with their cute little hand prints on it. I love their cute chubby, little hand prints, and so does Pappy!

Uncle Josh & Mary-Gail. I asked Uncle Josh to see if he could persuade Mary-Gail to eat some grapes, and all the while Uncle Josh told Mary-Gail of me as a baby eating grapes. I would put them in between my toes first, and then I'd eat them. Mary-Gail didn't put them in between her toes, but she did eat them. Thanks Uncle Josh.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hope Pappy's recovery is going well.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007