Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm worried about this little girl

Pixie, I'm worried about her.
I dropped her off at the Vet this morning on my way to work. I just had to leave her there.
She's sick. Very sick. And I'm a mess...


Last night Pixie just wasn't right. Pixie got up this morning around 2 am, and went outside to potty. When she came back, she wasn't feisty like she usually is after coming back inside (regardless of the time of day). And when I got Pixie out of bed this morning - because Pixie and ArlaMae are late risers - Pixie's bottom, hind legs, and tail were all covered in some icky brownish-gold gunk. It was all over the mattress cover, and all over the duvet cover, and even got on ArlaMae.

I ran the bath water and put Pixie in the tub. Mary-Gail was so cute with Pixie. She said, "It's OK Pixie. You're gonna get all clean. Don't be scared." Both Mary-Gail & Rebecca were by my side as I washed Pixie. It's as if they knew I needed them to be strong for me because my mind was racing as to what was wrong with Pixie.

I blow-dried Pixie's hair, cleaned her ears, and sat with her on the bathroom floor. I just held her in my arms - like I used to do 9 years ago when it was just me and her. I felt agonizing pain when I had to set her down and bathe ArlaMae. Pixie is usually my shadow, but not this morning. She was so sad. She looked so sad. I sent Mary-Gail to sit by Pixie while I washed Arla. I could hear Mary-Gail talking to Pixie. My Mary-Gail is a great comforter. She told Pixie, "It's OK Pix. You're my best friend. I love you."

The vet didn't have any appointments, but I could drop Pixie off and the Vet would call me with her status. Pixie was shaking again as I signed us in, as we weighed her (18.6 lbs), and as I handed her leash over to the tech. I gave Pixie kisses, and hugs, and told her I loved her. I told her to be brave.


Now I need to be brave as I wait to hear from the Vet...

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007