Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sharon and the Purple Vacuum

Sharon - what can I say about this wonderful woman. She is perhaps the most thoughtful person besides my sister & my Mom. Sharon continuously shows her love for us through homemade goodies, presents, cute matching outfits for the girls from Old Navy that she "couldn't resist getting" (I know the feeling!), Carmel-dipped apple slices for me because she knows I love Carmel apples, dinner for Tony because she knows the kitchen is not my favorite room in our house, and the list goes on.

Sharon & two of her children were leaving for a Spring Break vacation to South Carolina on Tuesday to visit family (her husband + married children were staying home). She had a lot of last minute things to finish, and last minute cleaning & packing for herself and her children, and amidst all that, she managed to think of us too. Sharon came over on Monday and surprised Rebecca with a gift - her very own Purple Vacuum cleaner!

Hugs for Sharon
Kisses too

Rebecca & Mary-Gail love to help me vacuum, and we were gifted a pretend vacuum by my sister, Kristie. Mary-Gail quickly called dibs on it, and when Mary-Gail calls dibs on something, good luck trying to get her to share it. Sharon experienced the spectacle of Rebecca pleading with Mary-Gail to share ("Share Miguel, Share!") and Mary-Gail running down the block carrying Purple Vacuum shouting, "NO!" Needless to say I had to put Purple Vacuum in my closet, and told Mary-Gail it was broken because she couldn't share.

So when Sharon brought out Purple Vacuum and presented it to Rebecca, Rebecca was completely astonished. I wish these pictures illustrated Rebecca's sweet Thank You's to Sharon and the smugness of having her own Purple Vacuum. I quickly retrieved Mary-Gail's "broken" Purple Vacuum from my closet before she had a chance to swipe Rebecca's. Oh the joys of two little girls vacuuming: vacuuming the lawn, the sidewalk, the dirt and flowerbeds. They were completely occupied while I mowed the lawn - they even mimicked my lawn mowing maneuvers! Thank you Sharon! We will see you next week!

And the shared experience of vacuuming together begins.
I love Rebecca & Mary-Gail's shadows in these pictures! Prefect, just perfect!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So cute! I'm glad there are now two purple vacuums in the house to serve as toys and meal mates. Soren goes nuts when I whip out the broom--he loves to 'sweep.'

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007