Friday, April 3, 2009

Saturday - split between DC & NYC

We left for DC early Saturday morning. Early meaning at 5:30am to catch the 6:30 am train. We we're were all dead tired from out late night seeing WICKED; Saturday morning came too early!
Printing off our Amtrak tickets; waiting for our track assignment
Jo & Car slept; Kristie & Mom slept

I updated pictures on my laptop until my battery died

Yahoo! We arrived in Penn Station, Washington, DC.
Kristie snapped me talking with my BFF Jessica. I planned on spending the day with Jessica and her little family - grabbed a cab to meet her at the Smithsonian Castle
Penn Station; these crazy girls toured DC and the National Mall,
while I spent the day with Jessica and her cuties.
The Capitol
Jessica & Me. Our time together was too short!
Gratefully she & her husband + twin boys will be coming to Utah in May.
Hopefully Asher & Soren will remember me!
Jason & Norman met us as we got off the subway from our day in DC.
It was close to 9pm and we headed for a late supper. I'm always up for eating
Holy Guacamole! I could have eaten this whole bowl for dinner and been fine.
There must have been 5 avocados smashed in this delicious dip.
Trying to figure out how much everyone owes - my least favorite part about eating out.
What a silly sign! Only on the upper East Side
Ahh, Magnolia's Bakery (as seen on Season 3 of Sex in the City - Jo & Car
wanted me to stand by the picture).
We arrived and they were out of cupcakes! What the...? Plus, there was this man & woman who were filling containers with the cupcakes that were just frosted, not giving anyone else a chance to buy a single or double. Aren't they supposed to pre-order if they want more than 1/2 dozen??? We left with no cupcakes, but searched Bleeker Street for other bakeries to satisfy our cravings.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you spent the day with us. We love you. Great photo of us! You are one sexy mama. Glad you got a magnolia cupcake, yum!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007