Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mary-Gail initiates Arlynne

Arlynne, our fabulous sis-in-law, flew in from Boise, ID, Friday to tend Rebecca & Mary-Gail & Pixie & ArlaMae while Tony & I are away. Arlynne was initiated pretty quickly - this is what she & I walked into right after Arlynne arrived...



My sweet, little, innocent Mary-Gail is so very determined to be naked - all the time naked - and to NEVER keep her diaper on. She and Becca were down for their naps (although neither were napping), so I decided that we'd forget about trying to get the girls to go to sleep and instead get them up and play. Arlynne followed me upstairs and that's when I saw my baby girl just as happy as can be - naked from the waist down! Oh, and she had poop in her crib. This is the 3rd time she's done this. I told Arlynne, "I'm going to walk out, take a few deep breaths as I get my camera, and come back. I no I'll be laughing at this tomorrow." By the time I came back to Mary-Gail's room, Arlynne had Mary-Gail in the bath squirting her bottom off and running water for a quick bath. Arlynne had gotten Rebecca out also and was helping her get her shirt off to join MG in the tub.
Arlynne loves my babies! And my babies love her. They called her "momma" yesterday, which just thrilled me b/c I know they won't be nervous to be w/o me and Tony. Arlynne is so loving, patient, and happy - something that I admit I've lacked the past few days/weeks. I know she will provide the girls with ample attention, affection, love, and will entertain and play with them; I know she will. Both she and the girls felt an instant connection and instant love.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh man, that's a lot of 'shiz.' How fun that Miguel and Rebecca get such a fun and loving surrogate mom while you are away!

Spence and Car said...

wholy crap! literally!! and that isn't tootsie rolls all rolled up to be funny that is the really pooh! man what are we going to do with her! when she gets older she is going to hate it when i tell her she use to play with her pooh. ...maybe i won't tell.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007