Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cruise Pics: Thurs, 1/15 - St. Thomas

Thursday, January 15th: St. Thomas
St. Thomas was my most favorite island. I loved the charm, the feel, the locals, the shops (although Lovey forgot to bring his wallet so we couldn't shop anywhere!). St. Thomas kind of felt like Charleston, SC, for me: lots of beautiful flowers, brick steps and walkways, balconies, iron gates, colonial-style homes. This island would be one I'd love to visit again and perhaps stay a few days to explore more.
Lovey & I mailed some postcards and then did some exploring of a few historic sites I'd read about. One of them was the 99 steps (of which there are actually 103 steps). The story goes that Sir Francis Drake would sit on a bench at the top of these steps and look out over the island to view his fleet of ships and any incoming vessels. You can see several other islands from the top of these steps - the view is amazing!
Lovey pointing to the historic 99 steps (there are actually 103 steps) - which I climbed twice (I forgot to get the camera to take aerial views of the island once I reached the top).
Me on step #25 - 1st time I climbed the steps
View of Sapphire Beach from our taxi
Lovey snorkeling at Sapphire Beach, St. Thomas
Crown Bay Center, one of 2 docks for cruise ships on St. Thomas
Returning to our ship after a long day
St. Thomas Visitor's Center.
Lovey asked me if everyone that visited St. Thomas got to get their picture taken with me :)
Beautiful yellow flowers - this should be a postcard!


We returned to the ship, cleaned up, and joined everyone for dinner - formal night #2. Lovey rented a tux, and man did he look nice!
Me & Lovey in front of Botticelli Dinning Room
Me & Lovey at dinner, Formal night #2
Lobster tails, giant Prawns, yellow rice, and asparagus.
I had 2 of everything (minus the rice). Delicious!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oooh St. Thomas, how gorgeous! Again, you look awesome!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007