Sunday, January 4, 2009

All 3 hours

We made it: all three hours of church! Our church's time moved from 9 am to 1 pm since it's the start of a new year. Which means that Tony's early morning meetings changed from 6am - 9am, to 10am - 1pm, a great change too. I thought we were going to have two serious melt-downs since 1pm is Rebecca & Mary-Gail's nap time. Tony & I decided we would try going to church to see what would happen instead of staying home. I am SO glad we did!

I had the girls fed, dressed and ready to go at 12:45pm when Becca Boo-Boo said, "Poo-poos. Poo-Poos. Stinky." Oh no! I gathered her up and changed her bum, re-dressed her (tights, panties, skirt, shoes) and saw Mary-Gail pooping. After her diaper change and re-dress I was late for church. Thoughts of staying home and just putting the girls to bed entered my mind. BUT, I knew Tony would be waiting for us at the front of the church to help get the girls out of their seats. I arrived late (about 10 minutes late) and sure enough, Lovey was waiting for us with a smile like always.

Sacrament meeting was a breeze (knock on wood) and we dropped the girls off at nursery they ran right in to play with "the kids" as Becca calls them. No one came to get us during Sunday School, and no one came to get us during our combined Relief Society/Priesthood meeting. Tony brought Rebecca to me and she was all smiles! She pointed to the girls that were in her class and talked about the kids and her friends and how fun nursery was. Mary-Gail was just the same.

So, even though the girls are now having their melt-downs since they've gone without their 2 hour daily nap, I am happy that we went to church and stayed for all the meetings. It was so wonderful to sit in Sunday School with Tony by my side!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Okay, so in a year I can plan on going to church the entire time? We started the 8am hour this year and it works out pretty well with their wake up time but it is SO much work for me!!! I can really only handle one hour on my own. Those girls are so expressive, I love it!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007