Monday, October 20, 2008

The South

Tony says to me when he came home from work today:

"I want to move back to Charleston soooo badly."

He didn't have a bad day at work, and life here is really great. But my Lovey misses his home and the comforts that only the South can offer. My heart-strings tug for Charleston and the Southern Hospitality I grew so fond of too. I especially enjoyed discovering the surrounding states and sights and only having to drive 2 or 3 hours to get there. (I'm still suffering from our road trip to Arizona, and we only crossed ONE state line in the 11 hour drive!) My response to Tony:

"When we get all our children here, we will move."

His face lit up and he's even more excited to have a baby!!!!

5 comments:

Kellie Knapp said...

can we come with you?!?! I'm itchin to move somewhere with southern hospitality!! In texas I was in HEAVEN because the people were SO SO nice!!! I've looked in two target for halloween socks for your girls, and they are all out... boo hoo...

Jessica said...

UH-Manda!!!! ARe you really moving back? I cannot freaking wait to be in the south with you again. I do hate, however, the thought of you being separated from your family. That part sucks. At least you'll have Tony's family. When do you start the fertility treatments? ARe you going to try for twins again?

Spence and Car said...

ok amanda i don't like what i'm hearing about this movin thing. lets be honest i guess i;ve already ditched the group so you can go too!! maybe spence can do his residency in the south and we'll meet up with you in 4yrs...otherwise i think you should just visit the south and not move...but youre girls would be soo so cute with a southern bell accent. miss you tons

The Brown's said...

That would be so sad if you left! I can understand how much Tony misses home but heck we could all speak with an accent at the halloween party and mabye that would help!

Anonymous said...

I just checked the blog...the kids love it!!! YEAH about coming back!!! Pat would be so excited about Tony coming back...we both know they will have to be supervised, so that no gets hurt or at least so that we can say what version of the story is the truth!!!haha You have to promise to live close enough to have Family dinners and Kiddie Time!
Kim Kemp

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007