Saturday, June 7, 2008

She reached up and took her hand!!!

Imagine my shock when I saw this:

That is Rebecca LaRae, holding her Great-Grandma LaRae's hand. Why is this shocking? Because Rebecca NEVER lets you hold her hand. SHE likes to be in charge and doesn't like anyone "helping" her. (Bless her little heart).

But these pictures are precious and very, very valuable. Grandma & Grandpa are both in their 80's, and celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary on Wednesday, June 5th.

Congrats on many happy years down and many happy years to come!

I took Rebecca & Mary-Gail up to see Grandma & Grandpa Gourley yesterday after their nap. Mom was there visiting also, so we were able to see her too. The girls played with Grandma's toys (some of the same toys I played with as a child), and then went round & round the coffee table. Grandma & Grandpa were amazed at their walking skills and couldn't believe they were talking. But what was really cute was when Rebecca would hand Grandma a G.I. Joe figurine, and then say, "Thank you!" and go get another. Meanwhile, Mary-Gail was showing us all her "button" and was enjoying giving air-kisses (complete with the "mooauw" sound) to Dafney, my Aunt Linda's Chihuahua that Grandma & Grandpa were tending.

We ended up stayed for supper, but left shortly afterwards as Mary-Gail decided to up-chuck all over me and her. She went home naked (in her diaper), and I went home wet from trying to wash off the throw-up. Rebecca kept touching me and saying, "wet." Yes, Rebecca, I was all wet and yucky.

Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for the fun afternoon/evening. Sorry we left too soon.

1 comment:

The Brown's said...

What a priceless moment!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007