Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A day with my mom


I spent the day with my mom today. We had a wonderful experience together spending some time at the Provo Temple working on family names. I can't help but marvel at the simple beauty of the temples (both inside and out) and the calmness I feel once I step inside. There is something to be said about leaving the world behind and focusing on the future and families.

We ate lunch together and roamed the streets of Provo and Orem. We bought some lawn chairs for my backyard (Rebecca & Mary-Gail's favorite request is: "Go outside") and we laughed till our tummies hurt trying to maneuver the chairs in the back of her Lexus. We always seem to buy things first and then try to figure out how to get them home.

Thanks for thinking of me today on your day off Mom. I'm very fortunate to have you in my life and so are my girls. They just can't get enough of "Bamm-Bah!"

Being silly w/Bamm-bah

I like this video: Rebecca is doing her silly "courtesy-laugh."

Rebecca gave Mom a kiss just seconds after I cut the video off...wish I would have caught that

3 comments:

The Brown's said...

What a great day! I'm glad you got to get out and do something with Mom!

Jessica said...

I'm glad you live in Provo and can enjoy the love and support of having family so close. I'm thrilled that you have found peace and joy in your family relationships as well. I wish I could attend the temple with you and go to lunch!

Kemp Kuties said...

I wish you could too! It would be so wonderful to spend a day w/you in such a special place. I miss you!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007