Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lots of catching up to do

I finished the Twilight Series on Sunday and am back to being a mom. I kindof feel like I abandoned my family and responsibilities; I hadn't read a book since May (I am a Mother! by Jane Clayson Johnson), so I feel like I've made up for those 5 months of "me" neglect. Plus, I truly cannot remember that last 600 page book that I read just for fun. Thank goodness book 4 doesn't come out for a while!

Needless to say, one of the things I left abandoned was our blog. Lots of catching up to do. This is the image Tony & I saw when we walked into the girl's bedroom yesterday morning, (Tues, 10/23): Mary-Gail sitting up and talking to Rebecca. They were so involved in each other that they didn't notice we until I said, "what are you doing?" and made them both jump.

Mary-Gail "WOW"-ed us last Wednesday, 10/17, when she rolled from her tummy, to her side, then pushed up on her elbow (that's usually as far as she gets). But then, she sat up - ta-dah! All by herself! What a big girl! So, can us imagine our surprise when we see Rebecca sitting up too? Tony was watching Rebecca & Mary-Gail in action while I ran for the camera. The best thing was that he saw Mary-Gail grab the crib rails and pull herself to her knees! Holy Cow - is she supposed to do that yet? Of course, I didn't get that picture, but these are still cute and fun.




"What are you doing?" Mary-Gail and Rebecca in their first of many "girl/sister" talks.



Mary-Gail in her tye-died "Moab, Utah" onesie from Aunt Carol. Looks like she's going for the crib rails again...



Rebecca does this "sit'n'spin" movement with her body - tried to catch it in these pics.

*********************************************************

These pics are from our bath this morning. I thought to myself: why not just put both girls in the tub and bathe them together? Why continue to bathe them separately? Rebecca and Mary-Gail continued their girl talk and "twin thing."

If I didn't know better, I'd swear I gave birth to two fishes!

Naked and loving it!

4 comments:

Lucy Stern said...

Your girls are adorable.....I don't know how you do it...I did good to keep up with just one at a time....

The Brown's said...

OK so I totally think you have the stinkin cutest kids ever!!! I love their smiling faces!!!

Jessica said...

Your baby babes are so stinking cute! How fun to walk into their room and see them playing and interacting together. I'm still at the paralell 'grunt' stage, which is also really cute.

I just read the first Twilight book and I can totally understand how you would neglect everything to read them. Pumping breastmilk had never been more entertaining!

gail kemp said...

what a treat to look in on the girlsin the middle of my work day, it just makes me smile. They are the cutest twins I have ever seen. no i'm not proud jut truthful. They look like they are having the best time in the tub. thanks again for posting the these pictures so we can share in their lives. we love you muchly

mom

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007