Monday, October 1, 2007

Being enlightened by the spirit

Saturday night was the General Relief Society Meeting for the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I joined Carly, Joanna, Kristie and Mom early afternoon and had supper with them at Joanna and Kristie's Stake Center. Their Stake Relief Society Presidency, and other sisters who volunteered, made supper for everyone. We had delicious pots of soup, an array of salads plus homemade rolls. Yummy! Each ward had a table set up to display things the sisters had made or were a part of. One sister, Rebekah Bales-Dunford, had copies of her latest CD, I Heard A Bird Sing in The Dark of December, by Kindred Voices, and offered these CD's to everyone for free! This CD is wonderful! It draws on Rebekah's Celtic heritage and is just in time for the Christmas season. Thank you!

We then adjourned into the chapel to await the General Relief Society session to begin. We were blessed with wonderful music, inspired words from our Relief Society Presidency, and heard from Thomas S. Monson of the Church Presidency. I was so grateful to have been there with my mom and sisters and to enjoy feeling the spirit. I was overwhelmed thinking about my daughters and how much I want them to have a testimony of Jesus Christ and enjoy sitting with me during conferences. I'm so glad we moved back home to be with family. There is nothing better in this world than family.

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007