Monday, September 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

(Wednesday, 9/1/10)


We're home from our cruise! Pixie & ArlaMae were so happy to see us last night that they almost went into shock when we got home. Lovey & I both had a restless night's sleep (mostly due to Pixie & ArlaMae attaching themselves so closely to us, they were tumor-like), but Becca & Mary-Gail were gonners and slept soundly. Becca woke up this morning super early, and instead of asking us if she could go swimming (which she did promptly at 7am every morning on the cruise), she snuggled in with us and fell back asleep. Mary-Gail, who sadly was without her princess get-up for 8 full days, sweetly said, "Momma-Mia, you need to help me," and she clamored on our bed with her princess dress, tiara, purse, and Minnie Mouse shoes in hand. Do you like the new nickname Mary-Gail gave me? "Momma Mia." And Mary-Gail proudly re-named Lovey to "Daddy B."

I'm way too tired to post anymore pictures. Suffice it to say, I have organized all the pictures (approx 70 pics a day!) from our vacation (date & time stamp, named, etc) and that's all I can do for now. I still feel the sway from the boat...it's driving me crazy.

Thanks to Jacob & Michelle for taking care of our house, business, and looking after our furry girls in our absence. We were told that they (Pixie & ArlaMae - not Jacob & Michelle) are the loudest breathing & snoring dogs ever. Thanks to Mom & Dad for the ride to the airport, and for the ride home. Becca & Mary-Gail were so happy to see you again, and loved having breakfast with you this morning! LOVES!

2 comments:

The Baker's Goods said...

Can't wait to see more pictures! Was it a Disney cruise? I'm so jealous!

Heather Nelson said...

Yay Amanda you did it!!! It sounds like you're exhausted but I hope you had fun. You look tan and beautiful in the picture - can't wait to see the rest! loves

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007