Saturday, July 3, 2010

I had a play-date

I probably haven't mentioned that my baby sister, Carly, is here with her twins...Yes, it's true!!! We convinced Carly to come home while Spencer studies for his Medical Board test. Carly and her girls have been here since June 17th, and Spencer will be here on Wednesday, July 7th. CarCar is staying with my Dad - just a short mile away - and so I get to pop-in and visit frequently.

Two weekends ago JoJo & I stole CarCar's babies for the night. It was a no-brainer that JoJo took Quincy Joanna, and we got Tenley Magnolia. Jo said when Reese saw which baby they had, she exclaimed, "We got the blue-eyed one!" Quincy is already sporting Carly's red hair and blue eyes. Rebecca & Mary-Gail were elated to have a baby in our house too. Mary-Gail especially: she doted on Tenley and kept saying things like, "Ahh, I love her." "She's so beautiful." "Did she just come from Jesus? Did she? Did she?" And Tenley looks like she might be sporting some beautiful brown eyes. Rebecca & Georgia happily welcome another brown-eyed girl to their very elite "brown-eyes girls club."

But Friday, after work, I got to have a play-date with the twins all by myself! Here's what we did:

Woke up from our nap about 35 minutes after CarCar left.
We are so happy!
Tenley (L) in Purple; Quincy (R) in Blue
And then Aunt Amanda rolled us to our tummies
Lovin' that smile, Quincy!
Caught Quincy half-blinking, but I just love this shot
and this shot too.
Hello diaper bums!
Tenley is still 1 lbs heavier than Quincy, and about 2 1/2 inches longer!
And then we ate, changed diapers, and went outside
Hangin' out, just maxin' & relaxin' in the shade, enjoying the breeze & new sounds
And then we painted toes!
Quincy's piggies got clipped and painted. First time for nail polish on these little piggies!
And Quincy crosses her ankles - just like Reese, Taylor, Becca & Mary-Gail did! Love it!
Tenley had been through this before with me (the girls and I painted Tenley's toes when she slept-over). This time Tenley was a little more wiggly, and with the fast-drying nail polish I couldn't wipe off the extra nail polish.
Still super cute pink piggies!
Oh, and then Quincy fell asleep...
...with her ankles crossed!
Truly, is there anything more wonderful than a little baby?
Tenley got to explore her surroundings a little more
And then CarCar came home

Carly noticed Quincy's piggies right off!


And then Tenley fell asleep on me
The End

2 comments:

ash & diz said...

the babies are so stinkin' cute! i think we should do lunch one more time before CarCar leaves! What do ya think?a

Spence and Car said...

seriously those are the cutest tiwns i have ever seen since yours where born! so glad i copied you and randomly had twin girls. and yes tenley did tell me you are definitely her favorite real mom!! she loves all the fun stuff you have her do. thanks for teaching me how to be a mom and for loving my girls so much you almost hate em!:)

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007