Sunday, July 4, 2010

8:46 am - 8:49 am Saturday

We were up at 7am, beds made, breakfast'd, hair done, Becca dressed (Mary-Gail didn't want to change out of her "Ariel" PJ's), and me showered. We were off to a good start! Next up was walking our doggies around the block. When I finished getting dressed, I heard Mary-Gail say to Becca, "Read it to me," and this is what I found:

8:46 am
Mary-Gail had climbed back in bed with her ice cream cone,
and Becca was reading the book, "I Like You" to Mary-Gail
8:47 am
8:49 am
Becca's almost done reading the book, and Mary-Gail's almost back asleep

JoJo gave me that book in 1997. I know because she wrote a very sweet note on the inside cover and dated it. I remember reading the book out loud after receiving it, but being unable to finish because I was crying. So when I saw that Becca had discovered this book and was reading it to Mary-Gail, I almost cried too. I truly hope their sisterhood/friendship/love for each other evolves into the sisterhood/friendship/love that JoJo & I have. Just like JoJo's note to me, I echo that and say to Becca & Mary-Gail,

1 comment:

The Chrismans said...

I like you because you are a good person to like...."and if I am a goofus on the roofus hollering my head off, you are one too." I love you! and I love being silly with you :)

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007