Saturday, July 3, 2010

Balloon Launch: 2009 & 2010

We went to the Balloon Launch this morning. I was so excited that I kept checking the clock to see what time it was. Finally, at 5:30 am, I decided it was time to get up. My plan was to have us at the field by 6:30 am, and we made it. JoJo was especially surprised that I arrived before her. I think her exact words were, "What? Amanda's already there?!"
It was no surprise that Becca & Mary-Gail loved the balloons. I thought they'd enjoy getting closer to the balloons and even being able to touch them (the operator of the "Pig" hot-air balloon let people touch the pig's hooves), but when I approached the balloon, Becca & Mary-Gail clenched their legs around my waist so tightly (plus their pleas to stay back) that we decided to enjoy the balloons from a safer distance.

Balloon Launch July 2009
Sweet little Mary-Gail holds Grandma
Grandma & Mary-Gail, Me, Pappy & Becca...
...with Josh & Ella
Snapped right before the balloons launched - just in time for the sun to part between the mountains. Beautiful

Becca absolutely loved the Pig!

Lots & lots of balloons for the 2009 Balloon launch

All lined up eating donuts and drinking chocolate milk & juice

McKena pulled the girls around w/a little help from Josh

Josh & Abbie took Becca, Mary-Gail, and Ella to see the helicopter

"Beep-beep-beep." Back it on up, Taylor!


Balloon Launch Friday, July 2, 2010

Kemps; Chrismans; Browns
Amy-Cakes joined us for the balloon launch this year. Dad was home helping Carly w/her twiners, and Mom arrived shortly before she had to work - just in time for hugs from her grandchildren.

The Pig was still there


Smokey the Bear. I'm pretty sure I saw a Forest Ranger there too

Mary-Gail belted out her loudest "Cheese!" for the picture-taker


In my brain I'm inserting the word "Diet" above "Coke." Ahhhh, Diet Coke. This is the best hot-air balloon ever!


The balloons couldn't launch this morning - there were strong winds in the higher altitudes that made flying the hot-air balloons too dangerous. But thankfully they were still able to fill the balloons and patrons could get closer to them than last year.

Just like last year Josh & Pam supplied the chocolate milk & juice + cups & napkins, & blanket. JoJo brought yummy patriotic frosted donuts and apple fritters. And me, well I just tag along :)
Becca stuffed the whole powdered donut in her mouth; Mary-Gail opted to lick the powdered sugar off (after which she discarded the donut and got a new one to lick clean)
Ahh, for cute!
Captured Becca air-borne: both feet in the air in her trade-mark gallop crossing the parking lot
Headed to the Life-Flight Helicopter. This year the Life-Flight nursing staff let people inside the gate to see the helicopter up close.
I love all the hand holding w/Uncle Josh and the cousins
And just like last year, Josh has all the kidlets. He's really, really good with kids. So patient and so playful. Becca & Mary-Gail absolutely adore him

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007