Monday, July 5, 2010

Hair Cuts

Rebecca & Mary-Gail were in dire need of a professional haircut. Mary-Gail's hair had grown a lot, and it needed to be styled, and Rebecca's hair - after completely falling out last summer - had finally grown back in and was, well, a little shaggy. I called up our hairdresser, Holly, and scheduled an appointment for Tuesday...at 8:00 am.

Not knowing how Rebecca & Mary-Gail would be at the salon, I asked Amy-Cakes to come with me - that way I'd have some back-up in case one of my girls got crazy. I picked up Amy-Cakes, drove to the local gas station and let the the girls pick out their own suckers, and then headed to Holly's Place.

I wanted a "bob" for Mary-Gail, and an "A-line" for Becca (since her hair is still growing back in). Holly got it right, and the results are so stinkin' cute!


Mary-Gail actually let me put TWO flower clips in her hair

I got this flower-clip @ the Beehive Bazaar last year, and I still love it
Becca had to sit in the corner for being mean, and I think her hairstyle fizzled as a result
But she AND Mary-Gail were so happy that Becca could come play again...
...and Becca was happy to get her sucker back too!

Holly did a great job on Becca & Mary-Gail's hair. And the girls did amazingly well - no whining! They loved Holly's chair, her sea creature salon-bib, and loved that Holly had a H U G E mirror right in front of them as she cut their hair. Becca let Holly use the buzzers - "the tickle-bug" as Holly said - to get her neckline too.

I think next time I'm going to have Becca's hair cut a little shorter and stacked more in the back. Mary-Gail's hair is perfect - I love the "bob" cut on her. Both my girls look so much older now...(sob, sob)...but their hair looks so much better!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So cute! Hair cuts are torture--they are necessary but it does seem like they add a year or two onto our already growing like crazy kids.

Ann said...

I agree, their haircuts are adorable!! Holly does such a great job with little ones. Halle cried during her first haircut, but after realizing she'd get a sucker she's always anxious to go back.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007