Saturday, March 17, 2012

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie & Guignard Park

We headed back to EdVenture's Storyland exhibit for the THIRD time last week.  I think I've burned my girls out by visiting this Children's Museum, but it really rocks.  Columbia, SC's Fire Chief, Aubrey Jenkins, was scheduled to read the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" on Saturday, March 10th, and we arrived just in time to listen to him AND to see the mouse come visit.  The mouse brought cookies and juice boxes too! Awesome!

Aubrey Jenkins, Columbia's Fire Chief, and scheduled "community leader reader"

Oh my goodness!!  It's the mouse!




Look @ these super-duper happy campers!
Seriously though, they were all smiles and laughter, until I said, "Smile!" and then I got the straightest, most solemn faces ever.  
The mouse brought cookies, juice boxes, and even set up tables for crafts so we could make our own "mouses" out of brown paper bags.  Loved him!

The local news, WLTX, Channel 19, was there filming the event and interviewed me and my girls. The news guy said it would run that weekend and would even put the video online so I could send a link to my family back in Utah.  Sadly, I haven't seen it run, nor do I think it made the cut :{ BUT, it was sure fun talking to him about our adventures at Edventure! 

Completely captivated by a T.V. in Edventure.
Another reason NOT to have the T.V. on

We ate our sack lunches in the back of the 'burb, and then headed to Guignard Park (Gwee-nard Park) to explore and play some more.  Rebecca & Mary-Gail collected small pebbles and were throwing them into the water after making a wish.  Mary-Gail's wishes all came true!


Mary-Gail's exact words:
"THIS IS THE BEST DAY E V E R!!"

According to Mary-Gail, if you make a wish with flowers, your wishes will come true.  
(Which is exactly why Rebecca wants to know where the flowers are!)


I'm loving how Mary-Gail's tongue is launched and helping her cross the cold water.  Oh, I also love that she didn't want her skirt to get wet, so up it came!


I explained to Mary-Gail & Rebecca about the green slime (algae) that was covering the creek bed and rocks.  "EWE!"  and of course Rebecca could no longer stand the thought of her feet touching algae.  She she rinsed them off in the algae-infested water, and had to dry them.  Guess what she used to dry them?
Yes, Mary-Gail's skirt. Doesn't Rebecca have the nicest sister?



Mary-Gail said that they only way she could clean her feet off was to use a leaf to scrub them.  So, sadly this Magnolia Tree lost a few of its leaves as both Mary-Gail and Rebecca scrubbed their feet clean.


Lovely pair of little hands

4 comments:

Anna said...

You may not remember me, but I'm Anna, and I met you that one night in the NICU volunteering! I have a former 27-weeker and I was pregnant. And...I had a 39-weeker! 8lbs 5 oz! When you showed me the picture of your girls in their Asian clothes that you had in your wallet, I remembered coming across that picture while doing a google search of preemies! How weird is that? So I stalked you down. I hope that's not creepy!

This blog post reminded me so much of my twin sister and I when we were little and having adventures. They're so cute!

I hope you're doing well!

Steve said...

I love seeing Mary Gail's panty-covered bum, because she did not want to get her skirt wet,
even on what looks like dry ground!
I love seeing your fun adventures!
Sharon

noy9ers said...

Now that I am looking at the pictures on the computer and not the tablet, I don't know what I was seeing... there is no dry ground when she has her skirt up.

Kemp Kuties said...

Anna - of course I remember you! We stayed @ the hospital one night and talked for over 2 hours! I hope your son is doing well and didn't have to have surgery like you mentioned (again - this was back in April wasn't it?) I'm so glad to hear your pregnancy turned into a 39-wk delivery! I was worried when I didn't see you again @ the NICU, but was hopeful for you. Congrats! and Stalk away!
~amanda

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007