Thursday, March 1, 2012

The first day of our new life

We moved 2,200 miles away my family and home (Utah) and arrived in Tony's homestate, South Carolina.

4-day car ride and w're finally here!

Don't get me wrong, I love new adventures, challenges, and new opportunities. Plus the added benefit of getting to "re-invent" myself again. That being said, I'm so un-nerved with this move. We've moved to South Carolina before (in 2001) and had a great stay here, before moving back to Utah in 2005. This time, however, the move is different, and I can't really place my finger on it. Perhaps it's because we have two little girls with us this time; or perhaps we don't have a house to stay in yet; or perhaps it's because I get to stay h o m e with my littles. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will go well. But there is still a little twinge of fear that I can't shake.

Tony started his new job today! He was giddy with excitement as I kissed him goodbye @ 4:45am. He was the first one there - the other managers arrived nearly 30 minutes after Tony did. Did I say he was excited?

My littles beside my favorite type of tree, Crepe Myrtle

Yes, I think this move will be good. I promised my mom and sisters that I'd blog again, and that's just fine by me. I don't want my family to miss a minute of my girls' new experiences, adventures, and discoveries. We're here!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hello! Welcome home to the south!!! I was hopeful that you would blog again considering you would be so far from Utah. When are we going to meet up??? I'm so happy you'll be at home with the girls! Jamie is going to be working crappy 10 hour shifts until June so come see us on the weekends and once you get a place and are accepting visitors we'll pop down and see you!!! Love you!

Spence and Car said...

oh my crap. i can't believe we are here again...checkin on what your life is like through the blog.
but i'm so so so glad you blogged!!! miss you. but you already knowd that

The Bradys said...

Oh, Amanda. We miss you, Tony, and your sweet Mary-Gail and Becca! I hope that things go well for you guys there. How exciting that you will be home with your girls! But there will always be a spot missing here in our ward, now.

Melissa said...

Your girls are so grown up...and so beautiful! I am so glad you are blogging again! I love what you write! I am sad that I am in Mississippi and missed seeing you off! I wish you and your family the very best! I will look forward to hearing about your adventures! Hugs to you my dear cousin!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007