Friday, March 19, 2010

It's all about JESSICA today

Ashley, Jessica, and Me
(circa September/October 1996 - right after we returned home from working in Alaska)

If I could choose Jessica's lucky number, it would be the number THREE. Why? Because her birthday is in March, the 3rd month of the year, she's celebrating her 33rd birthday (TODAY!), there are 3 vowels in her name, and 3 consonants, she's prego with baby #3, and her twin boys are turning 3! Anymore lucky '3's'? Happy Birthday to my friend of 20 years!

P.S. we met when we were 13 - that's another lucky '3'!

Jessica and her son Soren
Jessica and her son Asher
More Lucky 3's:
3 best friends: Me, Jessica, and Ashley + our littles
3 pregnancies between us = 5 kids
(circa May 2009, 13 years after the "Alaska" picture...that's yet another lucky '3'!)

Everyone needs a "Jessica" in their lives. My 'Jessica' means that I will have her undivided attention (even if it's a little more difficult with twiners running around); I will not be left without hearing a sincere compliment; I will always have words to look up in the dictionary after reading her blog because her vocabulary is out-of-this-world! My 'Jessica' cries with me when I cry, and laughs with me when I laugh, and pee's her pants when I pee mine...what?! I have great memories with my Jessica; and though I have pained and hurt her, and haven't nourished our friendship like I should, my Jessica still showers me with her love.

Jessica & Me at the train station in DC, March '09
I spent a Saturday with Jessica, Jamie and their boys last year. They introduced me to Trader Joe's! I wish I would have spent the night with them instead of taking the train back to NYC. That's a huge regret of mine
I Love My Jessica - Happy Birthday Sis!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Amanda! I wasn't expecting this! What a sweet surprise! Surely I am not deserving of your generous compliments but I do feel hugely lucky to be your best friend and to be the recipient of all of YOUR love and YOUR compliments. I love you so much!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007