Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Becca's Peacocks


Becca's drawings are plastered on my refrigerator. She uses only markers - what? why? - and has to use a "clean, new piece of paper Mom!" OK, so Becca is very particular about how she draws and what she uses to draw with. But each time she finishes her drawings, she proudly marches to the refrigerator and puts it up for display. Then, Becca stands back and admires her work and says,

"I drawed that one, and that one, and that one, and that one. Oh, they're so pretty - Mommy, you love them!"

I do think they're so pretty, and I do love them. And when I ask Becca to tell me about her pictures, she gives me the same answer and says,

"I drawed a Peacock for you."


Here is a great book for all those budding artists. I really like this author ("Love You Forever"), so when I checked out this book, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. What I didn't know is how big a hit it would be - with Becca & Miguel AND my niece, Reese. She checked it out and took it to Kindergarten for her storytelling time!



Brigid loves to draw and wants to get new markers.
She proves to her mom that she won't draw on anything but paper,
so her Mom gets the newest and greatest markers -
the "Super, Indelible, never-come-off-until-you-die-or-maybe-even-later Markers" and then...
well, it's gets crazy!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

That sure is A LOT of pictures...but how cute!! kids are funny aren't they.

Ann said...

Isn't it great to see your house decorated by kids? I once had a color skeem (sp?) to my house. Now it's anything bold and bright and smeared with peanut butter and I couldn't love it more!

Thanks again for a great week at preschool. You always put so much time into it and the girls love it!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

i luv all thier art & all your stories...lol about cy! you look great too amanda!!! *cami

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007