Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's "I" week!

It was my turn for play group on Monday. And we were learning about the letter "I", number 4, color Brown, and Rectangle shapes. I threw my original idea of using toilet tissue rolls out the window. This is what I was going to do: Play "I SPY" with our toilet paper rolls, searching for all the letter i's in the house (I planned on taping Large Letter I's and small letter i's throughout the rooms upstairs, and wanted the girls to search for them using the only the toilet paper roll. When the girls gathered the I's, they needed to tell me what sound it made {long sound, or short sound}). And then we'd read the "I" book, and glue pictures that begin with the letter I to our toilet paper roll (I was going to limit the number of pictures to 4 - because that's the number we're learning) and we'd talk about the color Brown, and remind the girls that toilet paper rolls are usually brown, and if you press the toilet paper rolls down, they become a rectangle).

But, as I said, I decided to change my lesson plan. And I'm so, so, so glad I did! We made Igloo's!!
Rebecca wanted to be in charge of picture taking,
which is what the last picture shows
P.S. Rebecca's hair - it's always a faux-hoc!
Mary-Gail quickly smashed her marshmallows on the cup,
with the sole purpose of taking them off to eat them!
And Reese, she's just wonderful! I love her smile and I love her imagination.
She's so proud of her igloo creation.
I love having her spend her mornings with us!

I was literally so surprised when the girls' mom's came to pick them up. I could not believe that the 1 1/2 hour went by so quickly. I love having a house full of kids. I love their laughter, I love their smiles, I love their "discussions" (fights) over the toys, I love their imaginations & how they pretend so well. I absolutely love having kids in my house. I love it!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You are good at loving other children and you have great energy. What lucky kids!

noy9ers said...

Now I understand why my mind did not go there but I know why yours did... because you are so creative. I love both of your idea's. The igloo's were so cute and the binocular's will work for another time too!

Ann said...

Halle absolutely loved making igloos the other day. She had so much fun. I'll admit, I wanted to stay and play too, when I came to pick her up and realized how much fun everyone was having. Thanks for being so good to all the girls!
-Ann

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007