Tuesday, January 8, 2008

She saved me


She saved me.


This isn't the first time she's saved me. This will definitely not be the last either. She has so much patience and love and understanding and energy; and she's happy and smiles and laughs and makes funny faces and claps and does everything that I should be doing. She works ridiculously long hours caring for her hospice patients and "managing" their families, and still has energy and strength for my girls. She's the most kind, most thoughtful person that I've ever met. And she loves doing little things to make people happy. Like today: she comes over with a large sack in her hand, surprises Rebecca & Mary-Gail with their very own super-soft, little baby!

*************************************************************************************
I was "done" today at about 1pm. I'd been wrestling with the girls, trying EVERYTHING to get them to eat, and still nothing. This has been going on since they got their Synergis shot on Friday, 1/4/08. Normally, Rebecca & Mary-Gail are irritable for a day afterwards; they don't eat food, and aren't interested in their milk. Their pee is really potent smelling, and their poop is breast-milk, curdy, runny, has-to-be-changed 4+ times a day (sorry to be graphic, but I'm laying it all out). But today is day No. 4, and their pee & poop is the same, and the 'no eating and limited drinking' has me worried, stress-out, feeling rejected, and depressed. Mom came over bearing smiles, loves, hugs, kisses, presents (bonus!) and was the saving grace that I needed. I didn't have anything else to give the girls. But my Mom did. She helped me feed them--oops! She helped me try to feed them, and then held Rebecca when she furiously refused her afternoon nap. (Moments after these pictures, Mom had "the rhythm," and Rebecca was singing herself to sleep).

********************************************************************
My Mom is the best of the best of the best of the best. She can do it all. She has survived 7 pregnancies, survived 27 years of raising 6 kids, going back to college at 35, living through some tough life changes that would normally break someone down, and she survived! Mom survived and she is thriving. She helped me survive one more day. I love you Mom. I really do love you.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ahhh, what a sweet post. I am so glad you have such a beautiful relationship with your mom (sometimes we learn only as adults how lucky we are in the mom department) and that she is such an awesome grandma. I wish my mom lived so close!

Sorry to hear that Rebecca and Mary-Gail have been suffering since their last shots--yuck. I hope they feel better soon so that you can feel better. Asher and Soren get their four month shots on Friday. Sigh.

Kemp Kuties said...

My Mom simply amazes me with all that she does. I'm grateful I now understand and see how terrific she truly is.

Anonymous said...

AMANDA---THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS. YOU ARE SO SWEET. I LOVE YOU. YOUR MOM

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007