Friday, January 25, 2008

3 months to go

my two, beautiful, amazing daughters are sick :( and have been sick for a week now. they are both congested with runny, green, boogery noses, and non-relenting coughs; my mary-gail has the worst of it and seems to always be more sick than rebecca. her little throat is so sore from coughing. she gets in these coughing fits and then throws-up. sometimes we make it to the sink in time - but mostly we don't. mary-gail's eyes tell me she's scared (and tired) of coughing; she knows that she'll throw-up if she doesn't stop, and i feel absolutely awful because there's nothing i can give her to help with the cough.

the air quality is "red" (the worst possible) and it's been red for a few days now. we rarely get outside . i think i have seasonal depression. winter used to be my favorite season, but not anymore. it's awful being cooped up inside; the girls don't like it and neither do i. i just keep telling myself that spring is only 3 months away... only 3 months

3 comments:

Kellie Knapp said...

manda.. i want to cry. I so know the winter blues thing... I wish I could just gather up all the sick people and put them in a ziplock bag until they get better, then let them out!!! Your babies are too cute to be sick :( I hate that scared in the eyes look they get when they don't understand. It kills me :( get on of those seasonal affective disorder lights or drop your babies off at my house for 30 minutes every day and go tanning... I'm not even kidding it works like a charm!!!

The Brown's said...

I am so sorry about the girls being sick!! You all have had your fair share. I totally agree with kellie.I go to the tanning bed twice a week between Jan. and Apr. Except this year I just try to sit in my window. Let me know if you need help!

Jessica said...

Hi Amanda--SO sorry to hear that you and the baby babes have been sick. I hate that for you. HOpefully this new week brings a repreive from the coughing. I'm also sorry that winter has been bringing you down--find some fun tunes turn them up loud and have a summery dance party with the girls!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007