Monday, November 19, 2007

Mary-Jail?

Tony called Mary-Gail "Mary-Jail" yesterday morning. Here's why:

Mary-Gail and Rebecca were playing in their room (recently padded with all our pillows to cover the sharp dresser edges) and Mary-Gail kept crawling away leaving Rebecca behind. Rebecca would whimper and cry and get scared that she was alone. Tony would bring Mary-Gail back to their room, but moments later she'd be back in the hall, office, or our room. So, Tony put up the gate, and Mary-Gail became "Mary-Jail" and the escape plot began...

Introducing "Mary-Jail"

Mary-Jail is fashionably dressed in her hand-me-down pink striped footed pajamas from her cousin, Reese.

No pouty face will get you out of these bars!

"Hmmm. How am I going to get out of this one?"

"I've seen ArlaMae ram the gate -
- maybe that will work for me too"


"Nuts! The gate didn't budge. Maybe I'll have Rebecca help me escape..."

And here's Rebecca: Sitting in front of her Jesus picture just like an angel

"Mary-Jail" calls to Rebecca:
"Help me break out sis!"
Rebecca replies in her most angelic voice,
"Is that what Jesus would want us to do?"
And the story of the Great Escape continues...
P.S. Mom and Dad are really scared that the girls will actually figure out how to escape!

1 comment:

camille said...

Amanda, what a great surprise. Your little girls are so adorable. You are such a wonderful mom, like I knew you would be.

Ashley is getting married Dec 22 and I know you wil be getting an invitation.

About the picture on the blog... On Blogger, you go to Customize > Edit > And then choose an image from your computer. I had to size the image using Picassa (Matt helped me). Does that make any sense?

Keep in touch!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007