Monday, October 25, 2010

I stole them

Tenley {brown eyes, brown hair}; Quincy {blue eyes, red hair}


Oh yes I did! I stole these pictures right off my sister's blog because I LOVE HER & HER BABIES SO MUCH!!!! And that's not all I stole. JoJo & I each stole one of Carly's babies when she visited for a few weeks this past June. I stole Tenley and Jo stole Quincy (Quincy Joanna...of course she'd get her name-sake baby!) It was so much fun having Tenley spend the night! Becca & Mary-Gail were all over her, and Becca was very possessive of "the baby-sitter" - that's what Becca called the pack'n'play, "the babysitter." And when I lent it out to a lady in our ward for a week, Becca nearly cried. So sweet.

Becca has been in this baby-talk mode for a while now - like almost this whole year! - and I hear Mary-Gail correct Becca when she does baby talk, "Becca, you're not the baby; baby Tenley is the baby," and then Becca will respond with, "Baby Tenley can do baby talk. I'm a big girl."

JoJo and her family + mom were able to go to Paige, AZ, this past weekend and meet up with Car, Spence and their twiners. Jo & Car did a triathlon and rocked it! Jo came in 3rd in her age group (killer!) and Car came in 2nd in her division (seriously? Do you have to show up everyone? You just had twin girls and were on bed-rest for 5 months!!!) I'm not in the least bit jealous...oh no, not me...:)

I am wishing I could re-live my baby days again. Savor them this time instead of being overly neurotic. But can you blame me? I mean, Mary-Gail was supposed to be a vegetable and if you have seen Mary-Gail, or talked to her or played with her, you know she is anything but a vegetable. And Rebecca is so mature - she always tells me, "I'm the big sister Mom. I'm bigger." And I say, "Yes, you are. You are 4 minutes older than Mary-Gail!" And Becca says with a huge amount of elation in her voice, "Yeah, I know!" I love reading Carly's blog and seeing her devour her girls - her miracle babies. They are at my favorite stage: sitting upright, grabbing at everything, putting whole fists and whole feet in their mouths (and each other's mouths), babbling constantly and smiling at everything you do. I love it!

Carly & her girls will be here in just three short weeks and I plan on stealing both Tenley & Quincy for a night. What would it be like to have two sets of twins....hmmmm. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love them! Tell Carly to visit in January when I am in Utah! Serious twin fest! Your babies are truly miracles too.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007