Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The sun & the moon

Rebecca loves the Sun - she points it out in her books and will say "beam" when we say "sun."

Mary-Gail loves the Moon - she too will point it out in her books and skips through the pages until she sees the moon, and then we all hear her excited "moon! moon! moon!"

So, I have the Sun, and the Moon, and we hope we'll have the Stars this fall! I'm getting so excited (and worried and nervous and scared - The NICU was sooooo full of preemies last night when I volunteered that they had to move babies to the Ped floor) but I have hope that we'll be OK as we enter this new adventure of adding another baby to our family!!!!

Check out this book "Goodnight Sun, Hello Moon" written by Karen Viola. It's Mary-Gail's favorite book and she loves watching the Sun fade into the Moon.

2 comments:

The Brown's said...

Amanda I think that is great that you get to go and volunteer in the NICU. What a great opportunity to serve. I am so excited that you are going to try having another baby! When are you going to start the process and what can we do to help? I would love to watch the girls or whatever. Let me know!

Jessica said...

Oh, Amanda, I am getting SO excited for you too. I think you are so brave and wonderful and I can't wait for your little 'star.'

I love that you volunteer at the NICU. I really could have used your love during my NICU stint.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007