Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Morning walk

I took the 4 girls (known by our neighborhood as the Kemp Caravan) on our morning walk. Rebecca & Mary-Gail remember houses that have babies, kitties, water (sprinklers), doggies, flowers, and their friends, and point them out as we circle the neighborhood. They were naming their bestest friends, Amy & Isaac, and I told them they were at school. Mary-Gail turned her hands up like "Where??" It was cute. Then they started saying "moon" and I looked up to see the Moon still in the sky. WOW! Nothing gets by these girls.

They love their morning walk as much as Pixie & ArlaMae do. Each time we go out, Rebecca & Mary-Gail switch places in their wagon as they say "share" & "trade." Tony was marvelling at their development and language skills; I am grateful they are healthy. My visiting teachers came by on Sunday and one said her friend had a 28-weeker (she's 3 years old now) who has severe Cerebral Palsy including a G-tube. I just don't know what to say to that - we are grateful beyond words that both our girls are healthy. And now I'm watching Mary-Gail putting lids on her sippy cups, and putting small treasures in the cups. I am grateful.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am grateful too Amanda, for your wonderfully beautiful and healthy daughters.

The Brown's said...

They truly are a mirlcle:O)

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007