Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Morning-time memories of the temple

Saturday, August 1st, I woke to Rebecca's call of , "Mommy, come get me. Mommy. Mommy, open the blinds!" (@ 6:42am). I snatched Her Cuteness out of her crib, changed her "stinky-skunk poo-poo's," & pajama bottoms, and was getting ready to change her shirt too when Becca said to me,

Becca: "I wanna sleep with Miguel."
Me: "You do? We just got you up"
Becca: "Pweese

OK, Becca & Miguel never say "please" because they always sign it. So when Becca said "Pweese" with her cute, I-can-do-no-wrong-and-you-love-me-so-much voice, I couldn't say no. In went Rebecca with sleepy-sleeper Miguel.

Mary-Gail dreamt about ox

Mary-Gail was mesmerized by the ox. She spoke of the ox "down there", and the water in the baptismal font, and the steps leading to the water, and the steps we had to climb throughout the temple. (We climbed a billion flights of stairs!) Becca kept saying to us, "I go to my temple! I go to my temple!"

The chandeliers were so amazing - they were star-shaped and were ginormous! There were two men behind us, one of whom wasn't familiar with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples. I was pleasantly reminded from the other gentlemen of why we have temples, the importance of eternal families, and the importance of sealing us to our ancestors. During the temple tour we were able to sit in one of the sealing rooms and listen to a couple briefly describe what the sealing room was for. Me & Mary-Gail & Carly & Becca were sitting in chairs right in front of the "mirrors that go on forever - the eternal, celestial mirrors." It was fun holding Mary-Gail & Becca in front of those mirrors showing them eternity. I hope they remember it!

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007