Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Visiting my best friend

I leave for Phoenix tomorrow night. I'm headed to Car's to see her and her babies, and to help where I can. Everyone keeps saying to me, "how did you do it? With Twins?" And I say, "How did you do it with one?"

Twins just seem so 'natural' to me - especially now with Becca & Mary-Gail approaching 3 1/2 years old. They are each other's best friends. Mary-Gail says all the time, "Ma, is Becca my best friend?" "Of course she is!" And Becca said to me the other day (when I was putting her in the corner for time-out), "...but you're my best friend, Mom." I knelt down to her, gave her a hug, and told Becca that she was my best friend too. BUT...she still needed to go to the corner.

Becca & Mary-Gail are so silly together - one of those "looks" to each other and they bust up laughing. Reminds me of me, JoJo, and Car. We can still give each other a "look" and laugh ourselves silly. I've said this before many times, but I can't help saying it again: a girl needs a sister! Girls just need other girls. Last time I went to Phoenix to see Car, I just laughed and laughed - seeing her pregnant was so funny. I mean, this was my baby sister, and she was pregnant with twins. Now, I get to see her holding and loving her twin girls; and I get to help her, just like she helped me. I'm thrilled to be heading back-in-time to newborn baby girls. I hope I can do it right this time, and not make as many mistakes.

2 comments:

Kellie Knapp said...

JEALOUS! There is literally no one better out there to go help her than you! You are the twin girl EXPERT! Have fun bestowing upon her your billions of pieces of expert advice and help....Next time I have a kid, can you come see me?! I'll try REALLY hard to have twins :)

Jessica said...

Yay! I am so excited you will be spending time with your sis and those darling baby girls! Twins are such a blessing and I know we are so lucky to share that experience with our OWN sisters. Amazing.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007