Monday, August 23, 2010

The end of an era

It's the end of an era for us...the "faboo Amy-Cakes babysitter" era ended today. School starts tomorrow and I couldn't convince Amy-Cakes to be home schooled & stay and take care of my babies - go figure. :)

School starts tomorrow. I said that already, but seriously? Is the summer really over? I seriously can't believe it. And what I really can't believe it that Rebecca & Mary-Gail will be FOUR YEARS OLD in November...? (As Mary-Gail would say, "What the...?). My babies start school tomorrow too...9-5 "daycare/school"...I'm besides myself. Lovey & I have wrestled with this decision and with all our "plates" up in the air, it's the best decision for us now. My sisters, JoJo & Kristie, have had their kids @ this school (JoJo's last 2 are there still & Becca & Mary-Gail are excited about that!) and I have helped drop-off & pick-up Jo's kids, so I am familiar with the school and its teachers. I've had Becca & Mary-Gail on the waiting list since Lovey's work schedule changed in March, so to be able to finally get them enrolled is a huge blessing. Still...I wish Amy-Cakes would reconsider being home schooled...

These two girls had a great summer w/Amy!
my new haircut: a faux-hoc. Love it!
(Becca & Mary-Gail get their back-to-school haircuts on Friday)
*****************************************************
Cute pictures from Sunday morning...
...Reading in bed
Becca is reading, "Because a little bug went ka-choo"
& Mary-Gail is playing her mini symbols
...and playing "Marching Band"

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Back to school! Whoa! I'm excited for them and this new adventure. Lucky that they have cousins at the same school too! Your girls will thrive and love the social engagement of school. Can't wait to see their new hair cuts! I love yours!

The Bradys said...

Amanda, when I saw you at church on Sunday I just thought to myself, "She's always looks SO stunning!" It's true! I'm excited to see your girls more often in preschool!!

Semi Granola Mom said...

must be in the air. my kids have been entertaining/driving me nuts playing marching band all day long a couple times a week the past few weeks. :)

~C

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

its hard when you have someone who does such an amazing job with your kids...seriously, why do they have to go and get lives??!!! :) but you are truly blessed to have rkids, what an amazing place that is! good lucky as you start the transition, they will LUV it!

Kimberly said...

I LOVE your hair....It always is cute!!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007