Saturday, September 1, 2007

What? A Tooth!!!

Oh my heavens! I totally forgot to post the most eventful event that has happened to us....Rebecca's bottom tooth finally broke through!! Hooray! She has been teething since mid May and we've been seeing the white speck since July, but finally this little tooth pushed it's way through. I can't remember the exact day (awful, right?) but it was sometime the week of August 13th.

Tony and I laugh about her single tooth being her "first" tooth: in the NICU, we noticed a huge bump on her lower gum and both of us swore it was a tooth - how could a 27 wk preemie have a tooth already?! An Ear,Nose,Throat doctor was making his rounds and he came to look at our piece of wonder. He flicked his finger forward on the bump, and out came a tooth! Don't believe me? Here's our little "snaggle-tooth" in the NICU just days before her tooth came out (you'll have to click on the picture to enlarge it):



Dadda holding Rebecca, 10 days old (12/7/06)


Like any proud momma I saved her tooth - can you see it?



And, of course, with twins, you can't leave one out. Here is picture of me holding Mary-Gail and Dadda putting Rebecca close to my face. This was also on day 10 of life, 12/7/06. This is probably one of my most favorite pictures. Mary-Gail and me doing Kangaroo Care (even though she has her CPAP on) and Rebecca bundled up tightly. 4 days later and Tony and I are in Ogden with Mary-Gail for her heart surgery.


No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007