Friday, November 6, 2009

My son, daughter,& grandbaby are here!

Ali & Avery

Our family picture
May 2000, 9 1/2 years ago???
And this is my grandbaby, Jada. She just turned 2 in August.
Avery is a great dad, and her Auntie Ali is the best Auntie.
I am so grateful they are all here!
Rebecca has taken a liking to Ali's boyfriend, Steven


My son and daughter & grandbaby are here!! We were ridiculously excited when we heard from Ali last month. She said that she & her boyfriend, Steven, plus Avery & his daughter, Jada, were coming for a visit. Oh My Gosh! It seemed like this day would never come - we haven't seen them since we took a visit to Charleston when Rebecca & Mary-Gail were little, nearly 2 years ago. Baby Jada was a baby then, but now...well, Jada is a little girl! She's just a hair taller than Rebecca & Mary-Gail, and she weighs 5lbs more!

Lovey drove to the airport solo last night (he left at 11:30 pm and picked
everyone up from their red-eye flight, which landed at 12:25am). I heard them as they came inside, and I was planning on seeing them in the morning, but when I heard Jada's sweet, little voice I could NOT resist seeing her along with everyone else. It was well after 1:30 am before Lovey & I retired to bed, and I don't know when Ali, Steven, Avery & Jada went to bed.

We only have a few days with Ali & Steven (they leave mid-morning Tuesday, 11/10), and Avery & Jada leave Thursday, 11/12. We have a few things planned, one of them being a new family picture...with my babies and my grandbaby. Just call me "Gra-manda!"

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007