Thursday, August 16, 2007

Drugs, Anyone?

These are all the drugs we're using on our little babies: Rebecca & Mary-Gail have coughs, colds, runny noses, and congestion. Mary-Gail's cough is so sad - her throat is raw and she cries each time she coughs. She looks at me as if I have the cure right in my hand and I'm not giving it to her.

Rebecca's tempature at 6:00 pm was 37.9 C (100.22 F). We had dosed her with Tylenol already, and I was nervous that her temp wasn't dropping.

7:30 pm - 37.5 C (99.5 F)
9:30 pm - 38.8 C (101.84 F)

Conversion Chart

I called my sister, Kristie, who also happens to be a Nurse Practitioner. Kristie said to give Rebecca a sponge bath and to start liquid Motrin, which could help reduce Rebecca's temperature faster than Tylenol. We didn't have any Motrin, so I bathed Rebecca while Tony tested Mary-Gail's temperature, drained her nose, gave her nose drops, fed her, and dosed her with Tylenol, and then went to the store to get liquid Motrin. At 11:00pm Rebecca's temp was 38.1 C (100.58 F). I stayed up through the night and monitored both girls' temperatures, and then dosed them again at 3:00 am.

I'm happy to say - knock on wood - that Rebecca's temperature is 37.0 C (98.6 F) and we're happy today! Thank you Kristie for your help!!

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007