Friday, August 10, 2007

The best sister in the world!

My sister, Joanna, is the best sister in the world! Today is her birthday - 29 yrs old - and she lovingly volunteered to watch Rebecca and Mary-Gail so I could get my hair cut and colored. Did I mention that she had her three kids to watch also? 5 children 4 yrs and under: Gage, 4rs; Reese, almost 3yrs (October); Rebecca & Mary-Gail, 8 months; and Cy, 3 months. Jo had worked all day long and still had a smile on her face when I came back 2 hours later. I wish I would have taken a picture to capture the moment: Reese standing on the arm of the chair leaning towards our built-in bookcase, Gage hanging on the couch, Jo sitting on the floor w/Mary-Gail in between her legs feeding her with one hand, and her other hand stretched over to Rebecca sitting in her bouncy chair trying to feed her. Poor Cy was left on the floor fending for himself. Pixie and ArlaMae were cuddled up together in their doggie bed (only big enough to hold one of them) trying not to make a peep. JoJo spent her whole afternoon/evening birthday watching my kids. What a crazy thing to do! And, to top it all off, I didn't even give her her b-day present. What a lousy sister I am! I love you JoJo. P.S. I got you a Sony CD/AM/FM player that goes under your kitchen cabinet :) Happy Birthday Sister!

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007