Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Baby shower 2006

So, we're approaching lots of things that will have a 1st anniversary or 1st birthday. For instance, Saturday, November 11, 2006: this day was my baby shower celebration which JoJo and CarCar threw for me. We thought it would be a cute idea to have my baby shower on a double-digit day (11/11) since we were having double the babies. It was a great idea. We had a wonderful spread of food:

  • My favorite treat from elementary school: pickles, black olives, and cubed cheese on a toothpick;
  • a delicious spinach/cranberry/sliver almond salad with poppy-seed dressing;
  • vegetable tray;
  • vArIEtY of crackers and dip;
  • deviled eggs;
  • chips & Joe Vera's Authentic Mexican salsa;
  • homemade butter-cream mints (thank you Carol and Stacy!);
  • homemade brownies (thank you Pam);
  • homemade eclairs (thank you again Carol);
  • Cherry 7-up to drink;
  • + a berry concoction that JoJo created;
  • Wow!

Me @ 25 weeks & 1/7 days

(I snuck out of my room and everyone in the kitchen freaked-out at me

(hence my mischevious smile)!)

JoJo and CarCar in the kitchen with the finishing touches.

Mom brought me those wonderful flowers in the foreground.

How thoughtful !

JoJo (preggers w/#3) and CarCar.
Super sweet sisters.

*********************************************************

I was so grateful that family and friends didn't mind hanging out with me in my bedroom....

Ashley Wright giving us the first of our diaper stash


Showing presents Grandma Gail (in South Carolina) gave the girls

3 (soon to be 4) generations: Grandma LaRae, Mom Rebecca, &
Me w/Grandma's gifts dressed on my belly

Friend, Ashley "Ashelina" Knudsen Baker -
she gave the girls her famous handmade stars and etched their names on the center stone
(see a pic of the stars below)
Mom & the girls gave us our car seats...
(that's Joyce, Dr. Glenn's wife, in the background)

...& the "cadillac of all double-strollers"

Trying to explain that there are 2 babies in my tummy to my cousin's daughters

Lots & lots of gifts and love and pink - can you see me? I'm in black :)

(see these awesome stars!)

side-shot of the girls "in utero"


Me and my Lovey


Mom, me, Madison (8yrs), Krisite, JoJo
Hanging out with me on the bed

The Chrisman Crew
Reese (2yrs), Gage (3yrs), ArlaMae, Me, JoJo, Jed

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So great to see your pregnant belly! So cute.

Kemp Kuties said...

Ah, I miss that pregnant belly. Next time I'm going to make the pregnancy last longer and take more pictures of my belly. Next time is a long way off though...

Kemp Kuties said...

Ah, I miss that pregnant belly. Next time I'm going to make the pregnancy last longer and take more pictures of my belly. Next time is a long way off though...

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007