Thursday, October 11, 2007

My paycheck

7am and Rebecca is awake - this time ready to eat. She takes her whole bottle 7.5 oz and doesn't object when I do her breathing treatment. She welcomed it and was able to go back to sleep without problems.

Mary-Gail has started to sit up on her own (although not all the way) and was doing her best to peek at me while I was feeding Rebecca. Mary-Gail's smiles through the crib and started talking. "You're next little" I told Mary-Gail. She squealed and smiled more. How can she be so happy all the time? Tony told me it's because she has a good mommy. I cried. I'm trying to be a good mom. It's a tough job. I never gave my mom credit for all that she did. Mom's do a lot of behind-the-scene stuff. And they do it with love: no need for a medal; no need for a spotlight to shine on them. Mom's paycheck is a hug, a kiss, a smile from a sick baby, a squeal of laughter. Mom's paycheck is being called "mom."


Rebecca saying "da da" after bath time - October 1, 2007

Mary-Gail sqealing: before, during, and after bath time - October 4, 2007

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007